Summer Fruit and Mixed Greens
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
- Portion size: 8
"This salad evolved over a period of time," says Marilyn, who kept changing ingredients until she was satisfied. "Originally the salad featured sweet red peppers, which I didn't enjoy, but I wanted to keep the red color. That's where the strawberries came in." Toss your favorite greens — Boston, romaine, curly endive — in this spectacular fresh-tasting salad. It's beautiful on a summer brunch table.
- 8 cups 8cupssalad greens, torn
- 2 cups 2cupssliced strawberrystrawberries
- 3 3kiwifruit, coarsely chopped
- 1 1avocadoavocados, cut_in bite-size pieces
- 2 cups 2cupsfresh blueberryfresh blueberries Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupolive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspmalt vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tsppoppy seeds
- 1 tsp 1tspgranulated sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
In large bowl, arrange greens, strawberries, kiwifruit and avocado.
Poppy Seed Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar and pepper. Pour over lettuce mixture and toss. Sprinkle blueberries over top.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com