Sushi Burgers with Wasabi Mayonnaise
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||27 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
These golden burgers have all the fun elements of sushi. Surimi — imitation shellfish usually made from pollock and flavoured with crab or lobster — is available in the refrigerator or freezer section of most grocery stores.
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1 cup 1cupdry breadcrumbs
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach of salt and pepper
- 1 lb 1lbchopped surimi, (imitation crab)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 4 4crusty rollcrusty rolls or hamburger buns
- 1 cup 1cupthinly sliced cucumbercucumbers
- 1 1ripe avocadoavocados, pitted and sliced Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwasabi powder
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
In bowl, beat eggs. Stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the crumbs, onions, salt and pepper; mix in surimi. Shape into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Sprinkle remaining crumbs into shallow dish; press patties into crumbs, turning and patting to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry patties, turning once, until golden, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in bowl, stir wasabi powder with 2 tsp (10 mL) cold water to form paste; stir in mayonnaise.
Cut rolls in half. Toast in toaster or under broiler until golden. Spread wasabi mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls. Layer cucumber, patties then avocado on bottoms; sandwich with tops.