Swedish Meatballs and Egg Noodles
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 19 minutes
- Total time : PT34M
- Portion size: 4
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry bread crumbs
- 1 1small onion, grated
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground allspice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchnutmeg
- 1 lb 1lblean ground beef
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 6 cups 6cupssliced mushroommushrooms, (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssodium-reduced beef broth
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight sour cream
- 4 cups 4cupscooked egg noodles
In bowl, whisk together egg, bread crumbs, onion, mustard, allspice, half each of the salt and pepper, and the nutmeg; mix in beef. Roll by 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls.
In large nonstick skillet, cook meatballs over medium-high heat, in batches and turning often, until digital thermometer inserted in a few registers 160°F (71°C), 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to plate.
In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, thyme and remaining salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, just until starting to brown and no liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, until absorbed. Stir in broth and sour cream; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return meatballs to pan; cook, stirring and turning gently, until hot and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with noodles.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2010