Sweet Potato, Celeriac and Apple Purée
- Portion size: 6 to 8
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
This sweet, smooth purée makes a lovely side dish for turkey and pork.
- 1/2 1/2large celeriac, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 lb 2lbsweet potatosweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp 3tbspunsalted butter
- 1 1golden delicious applegolden delicious apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspgrated nutmeg
In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook celeriac for 5 minutes.
Add sweet potatoes; cook, covered, until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the liquid; return to low heat for 1 minute to dry vegetables.
Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter over medium heat. Stir in apple and nutmeg; cook, stirring often, until softened, 8 minutes.
In batches in food processor, purée potato mixture and apples until smooth; transfer to bowl. Stir in reserved cooking liquid and remaining butter. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 days; reheat to serve.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2009