This recipe makes 8 servings
|PER SERVING: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 8
This tangy salad is a good accompaniment to all of the grilled kabobs as well as other grilled meats, poultry, hamburgers and hot dogs. If you want to serve it as soon as it's made, reduce the mustard to 3/4 tsp (4 mL).
- 8 cups 8cupsshredded cabbage, (about one-third head)
- 1-1/4 tsp 1-1/4tspsalt
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 1/2red onionred onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh dill, (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried dillweed)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupred wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 tsp 1tspdry mustard
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspcelery seeds
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
In large bowl, toss cabbage with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the salt. In separate bowl, toss red pepper with remaining salt. Let both stand for 1 hour.
In colander, drain cabbage. By handfuls, squeeze out excess moisture and return cabbage to bowl. Add undrained red pepper, onion and dill; toss to combine.
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, celery seeds and pepper, pour over cabbage mixture and toss.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 48 hours.)