Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp 1tbsp vegetable oil Main Ingredients:
- 1 lb 1lbbeef stir-fry strips, (or boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced gingerroot, (or 1tsp/5 mL ground ginger) Vegetables:
- 4 4baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 2 cups 2cupsbutton mushroombutton mushrooms Sauce:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupbeef stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupthick teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1 tbsp 1tbsprice vinegar
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
Sauce: In bowl, whisk together beef stock, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch and rice vinegar; set aside.
Main Ingredients: In large wok or skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry1 beef in 2 batches, until browned, adding more oil if necessary, about 4 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add vegetable oil, onion, garlic and gingerroot to wok. Stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Vegetables: Add bok choy and mushrooms; cover and steam until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Return Main Ingredient to pan. Pour in Sauce; cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2003