Thai Green Curry Chicken
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfinely chopped shallotshallots
- 5 5garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped gingerroot
- 3 tbsp 3tbspgreen curry paste, (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfish sauce
- 4 4lime leaflime leaves
- 1 can 1cancoconut milk
- 1 cup 1cupThai basil leafThai basil leaves
- 2 tsp 2tsplime juice
Cut chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces; set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook shallots, garlic and ginger, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in green curry paste, fish sauce, lime leaves and coconut milk until combined.
Add chicken to pan; simmer for about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink inside. Stir in basil leaves and lime juice.
Additional information :
Green Curry Paste:
8 small green chilies, seed and chopped
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh coriander (stems and roots included)
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped shallots
1/4 cup (50 mL) trimmed and chopped lemongrass
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 piece galangal, peeled (1 inch/2.5 cm)
2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 ml) each ground cumin, turmeric and shrimp paste
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
In blender, pur?together chilies, coriander, shallots, lemongrass, garlic, galangal, coriander, oil, cumin, turmeric, shrimp paste, salt and pepper.