The Best Chocolate Brownies
This recipe makes 48 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|pro||1 g1g pro|
|total fat||7 g7g total fat|
|sat. fat||4 g4g sat. fat|
|carb||13 g13g carb|
|dietary fibre||1 g1g dietary fibre|
|sugar||10 g10g sugar|
|chol||26 mg26mg chol|
|sodium||45 mg45mg sodium|
|potassium||46 mg46mg potassium|
|vit A||44 vit A|
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 4 hours
- Portion size: 48 pieces
Yes, these really are the best brownies ever! For a fancy plated dessert, cut cooled brownies with a round cutter, dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate , chopped8 8oz ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate , chopped2 2oz ozunsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter 1 1cup cupbutter
- 2 cups granulated sugar 2 2cups cupsgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla 1 1tbsp tbspvanilla
- 4 eggs 4 4eggeggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1cup cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 1/4tsp tspsalt
In saucepan, melt together bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally; let cool for 10 minutes.
Whisk in sugar and vanilla; whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. With wooden spoon, stir in flour and salt. Spread in greased or parchment paper–lined 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish; smooth top.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging, 35 to 40 minutes.
Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Source : Canadian Living: Holiday 2012