Three-Bean Salad with Vinaigrette
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
This salad is colourful and quick to throw together. Any leftovers are great for school lunches the next day.
- 3 cups 3cupscut (1 inch/2.5 cm) green beangreen beans
- 1 can 1canchickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 1cankidney beankidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced jalapeno pepper Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp 3tbspvegetabIe oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspwine vinegar
- 1 clove 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt and pepper
Vinaigrette: In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; set aside.
In saucepan of boiling water, cover and cook green beans until tender-crisp, 5 minutes. Drain and add to vinaigrette.
Add chickpeas, kidney beans, green onions, parsley and jalapenos to bowl; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2007