Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 2 2tilapia fillettilapia fillets, about 8 oz/250 g each
- 1 tsp 1tspsmoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspblack pepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 8 8corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 1avocadoavocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 4lime wedges # Red Onion & Jalapeno Pickle
- 1 1red onionred onions, thinly sliced
- 2 2jalapeno pepperjalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgranulated sugar
Cut each fillet in half crosswise. Mix together salt, cumin and pepper; sprinkle over both sides. Brush with oil. Grill, covered and flat side down over medium-high heat, turning once, until fish flakes easily, 6 to 8 minutes.
Red Onion & Jalapeno Pickle
Mix together cider vinegar, jalapenos, lime juice, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let stand for 20 minutes or, refrigerated, up to 8 hours.
For each serving, divide each portion of fish and place in warm tortillas. Top with Red Onion & Jalapeno Pickle and avocado slice; garnish with lime wedges.