Tofu, Portobello Mushroom and Vegetable Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 2 2large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1/2 1/2sweet onionsweet onions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (425 g) 1pkg (425 g)firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspChinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsoy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbsphoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp 1tbspAsian chili sauce
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups 2cupslightly packed napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
Cut stems off mushrooms; trim hard end off each stem. With spoon, scrape dark gills from bottom of caps. Halve caps; slice caps and stems crosswise into 1/3-inch (8 mm) thick slices. Set aside.
In wok, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry chopped onion for 30 seconds. Add garlic; stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tofu, rice wine and soy sauce; stir-fry until dry. Stir in hoisin and chili sauces; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add green pepper and cabbage; stir-fry until coated.
Stir in 1/2 cup water; cover and cook, stirring once, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until no liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onion and sesame oil.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2011