Tomato and Roasted Pepper Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
Warm up on a cold winter's day with this steaming bowl of homemade soup from the "Soup's On!" collection in the March 2006 issue of Canadian Living.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2oniononions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried basil
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups 3cupsvegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped roasted red pepperroasted red peppers
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic and basil, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, stock and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. With immersion blender or in blender, puree soup.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2006