Turkey Noodle Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
Bring leftover turkey up-to-date with this delicious, filling soup. If you don't make your own stock (see Terrific Turkey Stock), use 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken stock and 2 cups (500 mL) water.
- 1 pkg (14 oz/400 g) 1pkg (14 oz/400 g)fresh Udon noodleUdon noodles, (or 2 cups/500 mL cooked pasta)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 cloves 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 cup 1cupsliced shiitake mushroomshiitake mushrooms, caps only
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 6 cups 6cupsturkey stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsoy sauce
- 2 cups 2cupsshredded cooked turkey
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, sliced
- 1 cup 1cupbean sprouts
- Coriander leaves
Rinse noodles in hot water to loosen; drain in sieve. Set aside.
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, ginger and salt, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add stock and soy sauce; bring to boil. Add turkey; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add noodles and green onions; simmer for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006