Updated Chicken Caesar
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||23 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
Not your traditional Caesar, this salad is updated with a little twist: It's composed rather than tossed.
- 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, (1 lb/450 g)
- 4 tsp 4tspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp 2tspMontreal steak spice
- 2 2heads romaine lettuce heartsromaine lettuce hearts
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupshaved Parmesan cheese Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 4 4anchovy filletanchovy fillets, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspgrated lemon zest
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
In bowl, toss chicken with half of the oil and the steak spice; let stand for 10 minutes.
In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, turning once, until golden brown and no longer pink inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
Meanwhile, trim end of each lettuce, leaving core attached. Quarter each head lengthwise through core.
Vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, anchovies, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Arrange 2 lettuce quarters on each plate; top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011