Vegetarian Hummus Burgers
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with: Crusty Buns — Tahini Sauce — Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbulgur
- 1 can 1can(19 oz /540 ml) chickpeachickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground coriander
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground pepper
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped roasted or fresh sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
Pour 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water over bulgur; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well. In food processor, finely chop chickpeas. Add bulgur, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, pepper and egg; pulse to combine. Stir in red pepper, bread crumbs and parsley. Shape into 8 patties.
In nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook patties, in batches and adding remaining oil, for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until golden.
Additional information :
Mix 1/4 cup (50 mL) each water and tahini (sesame paste), 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind, 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice, 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh parsley, 1 clove garlic, minced, and pinch sugar (optional). Stir in up to 2 tbsp (25 mL) more water if desired.
Makes 1/2 cup (125 mL).
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2000