Warm Berry Shortcake
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
Dessert on the grill is usually unexpected, but this one proves how surprisingly tasty it can be.
- 2 cups 2cupshalved fresh strawberryfresh strawberries
- 1 cup 1cupfresh raspberryraspberries
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfresh blueberryfresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 2 tsp 2tspcornstarch
- 1 tsp 1tsplemon juice
- 4 slices 4slices(1/2 inch/1cm thick) pound cakepound cakes
- 4 scoops 4scoopsvanilla ice cream, (about 2 cups/500 mL)
Cut 4-foot (1.2 m) piece heavy-duty foil; fold in half. Arrange strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on 1 side close to centre.
Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over fruit. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss gently.
Fold foil over and seal to form packet. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Place on grill over medium heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until hot and juices are thickened, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Grill cake, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Arrange on dessert plates. Top each with scoop of ice cream. Spoon berry mixture over top.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007