Warm Garlic Bean Crostini
- Portion size: 24
This recipe makes 24 pieces servings
|Per Piece: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
White beans laced with garlic is a tasty way to crown crusty crostini. Partially crushing the beans gives this dip a chunkier texture than the usual bean dips.
- 1 1baguettebaguettes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 3 3minced garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcrumbled dried sage
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) 1can (19 oz/540 ml)drained and rinsed white kidney beanwhite kidney beans
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- Fresh sage or parsley leaf, optional
Cut baguette diagonally into 24 slices. Broil on baking sheet for 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Set aside.
In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, sage and pepper, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is golden.
Meanwhile, in bowl, mash one-third of the kidney beans. Add mashed and whole beans, lemon rind and juice to skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until hot. Spoon heaping tablespoonful (15 mL) onto each crostini. Garnish with sage (if using).