Watermelon Cucumber Gazpacho
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 6
This refreshing chilled summer soup is best made a day ahead to allow flavours to develop.
- 2-1/4 lb 2-1/4lbseedless watermelon
- 1 1English cucumberEnglish cucumbers, peeled
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupdiced red onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsherry vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt and pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcrumbled feta cheese
Finely dice enough watermelon to make 1 cup (250 mL); place in bowl and set aside. Chop remaining watermelon and place in blender.
Finely dice enough cucumber and red pepper to make 1/2 cup (125 mL) each; add to bowl with watermelon. Chop remaining cucumber and red pepper; add to blender along with jalapeño pepper, onion, basil, lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to separate bowl; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Ladle into bowls. Garnish with reserved watermelon and vegetables. Sprinkle with feta.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine, June 2009