Zesty Lemon Pork Stew
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Portion size: 4 to 6
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 2 lb 2lbboneless pork, cut_in 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 2 2oniononions, chopped
- 2 2sweet potatosweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 2stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cups 3cupschicken stock
- 2 tsp 2tspdried thyme
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwater
- 1 1can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups 2cupsfrozen green beans
In large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork, in batches.
Transfer to 18- to 24-cup (4.5 to 6 L) slow-cooker.
Add onions, sweet potatoes, celery, chicken stock, dried thyme, grated lemon rind and juice and salt. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Whisk flour with water; whisk into cooker. Stir in artichokes and green beans. Cook on high for 15 minutes.
Additional information :
Brown pork in Dutch oven.. Addonions, sweet potatoes, celery, chicken stock, thyme, lemon rind and juice and salt ; cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Increase heat to medium. Whisk flour with water; whisk into Dutch oven. Stir in artichokes and green beans; cook for 15 minutes.