French Toast Strata
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 40 - 50 minutes
- Total time : PT15M
- Portion size: 8
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupSplenda® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1 cup 1cupegg substitute
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupskim milk
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspmaple extract
- 8 slices 8slicescinnamon raisin bread
- 2 cups 2cupspeeled applepeeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplow fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1tbspSplenda® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cinnamon
Spray an 8X8 inch (20 cm x 20 cm) square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Blend together, in a medium size mixing bowl, 1/3 cup (75 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated, egg substitute, milk, and maple flavour.
Tear Cinnamon Raisin Bread into 1-2 inch (3 – 5 cm) pieces. Toss bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to just coat bread. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
Blend remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 40-50 min. or until lightly browned and set. Serve immediately.
Additional information : For more recipes, tips and information about SPLENDA®, click here
Source : SPLENDA®