Create this long-lasting autumn centrepiece using a faux craft pumpkin and on-trend hardy succulents.
1. Gather your materials: faux pumpkin, pencil, hot craft knife (we used the Walnut Hollow Professional HotKnife from amazon.ca), plastic container to fit inside the pumpkin (a lunch container from a dollar store works like a charm!), potting soil and several small succulents.
2. Using the pencil, draw a line around the stem of the pumpkin, ensuring that the circle is wide enough for the succulents.
3. Using the hot knife (it will cut smoothly through the plastic pumpkin) or a sharp knife (if you don't have a hot knife on hand), cut out the opening.
4. Set the plastic container upside down inside the pumpkin. This will provide a raised surface for the succulents.
5. Fill the pumpkin with potting soil, leaving room in the centre.
6. Plant the succulents in the pumpkin, adding more soil if necessary. Happy Thanksgiving!
To pull off your best Thanksgiving yet, visit our ultimate Thanksgiving dinner guide.
Crunchy-Top Blueberry Muffins <br /> Photography by Mark Burstyn Credits: Crunchy-Top Blueberry Muffins <br /> Photography by Mark Burstyn
Carrot, Ginger and Quinoa Pepper Jacks Credits: spabettie
Who says you have to carve a pumpkin for Halloween? We squash that idea with these creative alternatives.
These little guys are the perfect hiding spot for Halloween treats.
Find instructions at Just Putzing Around the Kitchen.
Pineapples have been a hot trend in decor for awhile now so why not make them a part of your Halloween display too?!
Find out how at A Subtle Reverie.
Line your front steps with these fun-shaped alternatives to pumpkins.
Find out how from Martha Stewart.
Carve an avocado skull inspired by this creative DIY from Katherine Sabbath.
Serve these carrot, ginger and quinoa stuffed peppers at a Halloween feast.
See the recipe at spabettie.
Last call: Grab your cameras! Here are the top spots to catch the best fall foliage in Canada before they're gone:
Day of the Dead Party: Celebrate the Mexican holiday by hosting a party that's packed with skull-themed decor, face painting and food.
Lady Gaga Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. Catch all the outfit changes from the meat dress to the head-to-toe lace ensemble.
Jodi Picoult's suspenseful new novel, Small Great Things.