Why it is great
This exercise uses the resistance of a band or tube to give you a super-strength workout. Lying down helps you keep your back supported.
For this exercise you need a medium tension resistance band or tube. You can buy one at stores that sell sports or fitness gear.
Exhale as you press; inhale as you return to starting position.
• Squeeze your glutes and, without moving your torso, straighten one leg. (B)
• Hold, then slowly return to starting position.
• Repeat 15 times, then switch legs.
• For a greater challenge, straighten both legs at the same time.
To get even more shape and strength in your legs and glutes, combine this exercise with 15 to 30 minutes of power walking, three times a week.
What not to do
• Do not straighten your arms as you straighten your leg.
• Do not round or arch your back. (C)
• The 5 fitness pros that will help you reach your goal
• Get strong, sexy shoulders
• 9 ways to reach your weight loss goals