This Christmas trio includes a votive candle collar, a menu card, and a design for placecards. They are accented with three-dimensional poinsettias. The menu card records the meal. Have everyone at the table sign it. Add the date and save for a beautiful memory.
To make Embossed Greetings click here
Placecard & menu card
Parchment - 4-1/2" x 5-1/4" for placecard, 81/2" x 4-1/2" for menu card, 4" x 8" for candle collar
Red card stock - 5" x 5-1/4" for placecard, 6" x 9" for menu card
Red vellum - 4-1/2" x 8-1/4" for candle collar
Tools and other supplies:
Embossers - spoon-shaped, large
Single-hole piercer or embossing wheel
Glue gun and sticks
Three-dimensional vellum poinsettias
On the front of the parchment: Trace all the lines with white ink.
On the back of the parchment, on an embossing pad:
1. Emboss all the large open areas with the spoon-shaped embosser.
2. With the large embosser, emboss the
flower centers and the smaller flowers.
On the back of the parchment, on a piece of thin cardboard:
1. With the single-hole piercer or the embossing wheel, stipple the leaves and stems, the veins in the large flowers, and the lines in the curled shapes.
2. On the menu card, add stippled curled lines to accent the lettering.
Pierce the edges alongside the embossed designs. Separate.
Place card - Fold where indicated. Add name with white ink on the vellum. Glue on the parchment poinsettia.
Menu card - Fold the card stock and parchment piece in half Add parchment piece with a piece of double-sided tape. Glue on the parchment poinsettia.
Candle collar - Form red vellum into a cylinder and secure with double-sided tape. Form parchment into cylinder and slip over vellum. Check overlap. Secure with double-sided tape. Glue on the parchment poinsettia.
Page 1 of 1 -- On page 2, find instructions and templates for 3-D poinsettias, napkin rings and placecard holders.
Tools and other supplies:
Glue gun and glue sticks
Gold dimensional fabric paint
Gold glitter spray
1. Cut two poinsettia blossoms from red vellum.
2. Cut three leaves from green vellum.
3. Stipple veins on each petal and leaf with the embossing wheel.
4. To create dimension, roll one blossom piece around a wooden dowel.
5. With a glue gun, adhere the leaves to the center of the bottom (flat) blossom piece, then add the top (dimensional) blossom piece.
6. To make the flower center, apply six dots of gold fabric paint. (The fabric paint forms beautiful dimensional centers and helps hide the glue.) Let dry.
7. Spray with a light coating of gold glitter spray. A coat of varnish can be added to strengthen and beautify.
Wire napkin ring and placecard holder
1. The wire placecard stands are formed with a 16" piece of green wire. (Fig. 1)
2. The napkin ring is made with two 12" pieces of green wire twisted together in the middle for 6". (Fig. 2)
3. Form the twisted part into a 2-1/2" diameter circle and coil the ends. (Fig. 3)
Page 2 of 2 -- Lacy Christmas placecards and menu cards are on page 1.