Photography by Jodi Pudge
Use a birch branch to replicate this creative take on an advent calendar.
What you need:
- Four-foot-long birch branch
- Two nails or adhesive hooks
- Hammer (optional)
- 24 small lightweight gifts
- Three to five sheets of coordinating paper (we used rolls of white and kraft paper and individual sheets of patterned scrapbook paper)
- Double-sided tape
- Ribbon in two to three coordinating patterns
1. Hang the birch branch on the wall using nails or adhesive hooks.
2. Wrap the gifts in paper using double-sided tape to secure the paper on the inside edges. (That way, no tape will show on the outside of the boxes.)
3. Tie one end of a piece of ribbon or twine around each gift, and tie the opposite end to the branch.
4. Repeat until all gifts are hung, varying the heights of each to give a layered effect.