Although it's not my favourite decade fashion-wise, the 1980s certainly had one thing going for it: colour. In those days, because I was a teenager (and I had a best friend whose mom sold Avon), I was obsessed with makeup – and no lipstick was mauve enough, no eyeshadow blue enough, no nail polish neon orange enough for my liking. Which is why I'm kind of (OK, secretly really) excited that '80s nail art has made a comeback. What does this have to do with crafting, you ask? Well, thanks to the collective power of the Internet, you can join in the creative manicure trend without spending a nickel – simply by raiding your craft supply cupboard! Here are some tutorials to get you started:
- Washi tape + a steady hand + scissors = stripey pedicure
- Nail polish + clear tape = cheap geometric nail stickers
- Paint brush + glitter + clear polish = sparkles everywhere
- Lacy scraps + nonpermanent glue = fancy lady
- Mod Podge + your favourite fabric = maybe a little too DIY?