- Get the Heart pattern (PDF format requires free Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- New, or recycled and sanded, unpainted wooden tray
- Plain and printed gift wrap
- Matching acrylic paint
- Ruler, pencil, set square and scissors
- White craft glue that dries clear
- Small paintbrush, 1 inch wide
- Spray acrylic varnish
1. Paint underside of tray; let dry. Measure and mark off checkerboard-style squares on tray top. Paint each square and tray sides as desired. Let dry.
2. From printed wrap, cut several same-size squares; glue onto a few painted squares as desired (using clean paintbrush, apply glue to both sides of each square, brushing from the centre out). From plain and printed wrap, cut 1 heart for each square and glue onto centre. Let dry for 48 hours.
3. Spray on four coats of varnish; let dry after each.