Photography by Ryan Brook/TC Media Image by: Photography by Ryan Brook/TC Media
• 24 envelopes
• Gift wrap or scrapbook paper
• 24 self-adhesive hook-and-loop dots (1 cm/1/2nch in diameter)
• Number stickers (1 to 24)
• Pencil and scissors
• Glue stick
Take a look at a larger image of a finished Advent calendar.
Make a chic Advent calendar
1. With pencil, lightly trace shape of 1 envelope flap on printed side of gift wrap.
2. With scissors, cut out traced shape. Apply glue to back of traced shape; carefully affix to envelope flap.
3. Affix hook-and-loop dots to envelope and underside of envelope flap.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for remaining envelopes. With stickers, number each envelope flap.
5. Insert 1 set of paper strips and 1 piece of embroidery floss, or other treats, into each envelope.
6. Place envelopes on work surface, in order, with flaps open. Place ribbon under each envelope flap; seal envelopes.
Looking for more fun DIY crafts? Find out how you can make your own festive snowglobes.
Do you love crafts? Sign up for our free newsletter, Get Crafty!
|This story was originally titled "Stars of Wonder" in the December 2012 issue.
Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!