Excerpted from 20-Minute Crafts by Kathie Stull (Sterling/Chapelle, 2001).
Place a picture of yourself in one of these unique homemade frames for a colourful and fun Mother's Day gift.
You will need:
• Bright pink
• Dark lavender
• Light green
Dried beans and seeds:
• Kidney beans
• Navy beans
• Pumpkin seeds
3 Pop-top lids
White gel pen
3 Wooden frames, 5" wide x 7" high
1. Sand frames until smooth. Blow off excess dust.
2. Paint one frame with red, one frame with blue, and one frame with dark lavender.
3. Paint the dried beans and seeds with bright pink, green, light green, orange, pink, white, and yellow as desired.
4. Apply a coat of varnish over frames, beans, and seeds.
5. Glue beans and seeds onto frames.
6. Using the end of the paintbrush handle, paint dots on blue frame with white.
7. Draw wavy lines around outside and inside edges of dark lavender frame with a white gel pen. Randomly add dots on frame and personalize as desired.
8. To make the hangers, glue one pop-top lid to back of each frame.
This project sponsored by: Delta Ceramcoatâ„¢: Acrylic Paints, Exterior/Interior Gloss Varnish.