Hi friends, It doesn't say much for my level of calendar-awareness that I thought today was May 1st, and that I totally forgot about Easter! (Which is not to say that I haven't been enjoying the increased availability of hot cross buns. They're my favourite.) Anyhoodle, once I'd recovered from my surprise, I rounded up a few Easter crafts for you. They range from super simple to insanely involved (the insanely involved one being the one I want to go try right now, of course). Here you go:
- Easter wouldn't be complete without the classic toilet paper roll Easter bunny, from Kid's Craft Magazine. (Mir, this one's for you.)
- Easter Bunny cupcake wrappers from Skip to My Lou. Because if you're like me, the only cupcake papers in the house feature a highly unseasonal Winnie-the-Pooh-picnic. (No, actually, I'm not sure where they came from.)
- A very cute Easter Bunny hat for the infant in your life, from Notes from a Very Red Kitchen. It's billed as "mega easy," so I think you should try it. And then send me a photo. Because babies in funny hats make any Monday better!
- How to dye eggs shibori style, and how to make a nest to display them, from Canadian Living.
- A fabric-egg how-to from Whatever Lola Wants. Good for babies, and people who like to throw things.
- Bunny finger puppets from Purl Bee. So bright and simple!
- And, saving the best till last: Chocolate Easter Surprise Eggs. Amazing. I'd need to take a week off to make them (and get a bigger apartment!) but wow, I'd sure like to give'em a shot. From Not Martha.