Photography by Ryan Brook Image by: Photography by Ryan Brook
Use the garland as a gift topper or string it over your mantle as festive decor.
If you're ever wondering what to do with those pretty paper party napkins leftover from your latest fete, don't consign them to the recycling bin just yet! A snippet of ribbon is all they're missing to transform them into a fabulous fringe tassel garland. Use the garland as a gift topper or string it over your mantle as festive décor, you choose!
You Will Need:
- Paper napkins
- Length of ribbon +2 inch strips of ribbon
Click here to see the full size image.
1. Use scissors to make vertical slices into the napkin from bottom to just 2 inches below the top fold.
2. Fold your 2-inch strip in half and glue ends of the loop to the inside edge of the cut napkin.
3. Starting at the loop, tightly coil the napkin using dots of glue here and there to keep the coil evenly in place. Glue firmly in place at the end.
4. Use a second strip of ribbon to add a decorative collar to the neck of your new tassel.
5. Repeat for several more tassels and thread them on to a long length of ribbon.