Download the pattern by clicking here
(PDF format requires free Adobe Acrobat Reader)
• 2 pieces of densely woven calico or cotton, each 26 cm (10-1/4 in) square, 1 for top and 1 for bottom
• 2 yellow sew-through buttons, 12 mm in diameter
• 2 black ball buttons, 8 mm in diameter
• matching thread
• dressmaker's marker
• approx 1 cup (250 mL) of dried lentils or split peas
1. Enlarge pattern photostatically to make a grid of 2.5 cm (1-in) squares.
2. Cut out paper pattern. Lay on wrong side of top fabric; with marker, trace (don't cut). With edges even and right sides together, lay top fabric on bottom fabric. Pin perpendicular to traced line.
3. With small machine stitches and leaving open between notches, stitch top to bottom along line. Repeat if desired to reinforce. Trim seam allowance to 3 mm (1/8 in) and clip at corners and curves. Turn right side out.
4. With dried lentils, loosely fill legs, then body (frog should be filled up but flexible).
5. Turn under 3 mm around opening; slipstitch closed.
6. At each dot, hand-stitch 1 yellow button with black button on top.