You need (for each):
• Blank note card (or folded â€¨construction paper or card stock)
• Acrylic paint
• Seasonal fruit or vegetable (such as an apple, onion or acorn squash)
• Newsprint or scrap paper
• Paper plates and paper towel
• Paring knife*
*Children should be supervised when using knives and other sharp tools.
Take a look at a larger image of a completed harvest-themed thank you card.
How to make a harvest-themed thank you card
1 . Open note card; place, inside down, on newsprint-covered work surface. Pour small amount of paint onto paper plate.
2. Carefully cut (with help of an adult, â€¨if necessary) fruit or vegetable in half to make stamp.
3. Dip stamp in paint; blot with paper towel if necessary to remove excess.
4. Stamp design on card. Let dry.
NOTE: Firm-fleshed produce works best. (Don't try this with a banana!) Discard stamps after use.
Want to get your home ready for fall entertaining? Spruce up your table decor by making these harvest napkin rings.
Do you love crafts? Sign up for our free newsletter, Get Crafty!
|This story was originally titled "Stamp of Approval" in the July 2012 issue.
Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!
Page 1 of 1