Hi friends, Well, I had a look at the weekend forecast and it looks like many of us might be in for a bit of rain in the next couple of days. (Again!) I'm trying to look on the bright side, though, and think of the rain as the perfect excuse to get some crafting done. That way I can run outside as soon as the sun appears...and not feel guilty about that half-finished baby sweater I'm leaving behind. Just in case you're in need of a summer project, here are a few things that have caught my eye recently. If you've got anything to add, leave your links in the comments!
- I spent part of Canada Day "renovating" my ugly black-and-yellow camera strap. Karyn from Make Something has instructions here.
- Know a little someone who's going to sleep-away camp? He or she might appreciate one of these camp stuffies comforts from Wisecraft. (It's worth clicking through to see Blair's fabulous new blog header.) See her inspiration here, at Maya*Made.
- Speaking of Maya*Made, check out her downloadable pattern for fabric buckets. They seem like they'd be just as good at taming your yarn stash as they'd be at carrying all those summer essentials down to the beach.
- Meanwhile, over at Instructables, find instructions on making Altoid tin travel games. (Also via Maya*Made.)
- I haven't made my terrarium yet, and I'm glad I waited – check out this helpful terrarium how-to video on DesignSponge.
- Sherrie of Birch Bark Soap shares a loofah soap tutorial. (Her soap is lovely, and I can't think of a better teacher for your first bar.)
- This memory game from Inchmark has rainy-afternoon-at-the-cottage written all over it.
- I love the craft accessory pouches over at Purl Bee - my favourite is the button bag.