This story was originally titled "Glittered Ribbon Chain" in the December 2010 issue. Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!
You need (for one link):
• 20 cm (8-inch) length 1½-inch-wide grey grosgrain ribbon
• 20 cm (8-inch) length ½-inch-wide silver satin ribbon
• 20 ¼-inch round clear crystals, or self-adhesive crystals or rhinestones
• Glue gun, glue sticks and stapler
See a larger image of the completed craft here.
Note: it takes 19 links to make 1 metre (39 inches) of chain.
1. Lay grosgrain ribbon flat on work surface; using glue gun, glue satin ribbon along length of grosgrain ribbon, ensuring narrower ribbon is centred.
2. Starting at one end, glue crystals along edges of grosgrain ribbon, stopping 2.5 cm (1 inch) before opposite end.
3. Form ribbon into circle, overlapping ends; secure with one staple in centre.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each link, inserting new link through previous link before overlapping ends and stapling, to form chain.
5. To use as garland for mantel or staircase, finish with two 30.5 cm (12-inch) lengths of 1½-inch-wide grosgrain ribbon slipped through first and last links; tie in a bow.
Page 1 of 1