"Best Dad" â€“ these words will puff up any father's chest with pride. If you feel this way about your dad, why not paint the phrase up front on a dad-size cotton tee so he can show it off to all his friends. Quebec designer RenÃ©e Schwarz has written it over and over again in 15 different languages, but you could write lots of repeats in just one language or write it only once â€“ extra big and bold.
Here are RenÃ©e's quick and easy how-to tips:
• Preshrink and press an all-cotton shirt.
• Lay shirt, front up, on working surface. Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to fit the shirt and slip it inside, between front and back.
• With masking tape, tape edges of shirt so front is taut. With pencil, draw or print phrase(s) onto front (paint lines will be thicker than pencil lines, so leave extra space between letters).
• Trace over lines with fabric paint (use squeeze-bottle paint for lettering of uniform width, or jar paints and fine-tip brushes for flowing lines such as those used in Hebrew characters). Add hearts and happy faces.
• Set paint following manufacturer's instructions.