Make and send your very own line of stationery. There are a lot of great greeting cards out there, but no matter how fancy, cute, or clever they are, they just can't beat one that's handmade. And you don't have to be an artist or designer to create something memorable – the simple act of making elevates even the most basic card to something truly special.
Find a larger image of the note cards and envelopes here.
• Blank card stock
• Blank envelopes
• Wallpaper scraps (one 9" x 12" piece per card and envelope)
• Scrap paper for template
• X-Acto blade
• Rubber cement
1. Measure the dimensions of your note card.
2. Subtract â…›" from all sides, and then draw these measurements on the back of your wallpaper. Cut out the rectangle.
3. Apply rubber cement on both the outside of the card and the back side of the wallpaper. Then center the wallpaper rectangle onto the unfolded card.
4. Fold the card and place it under a heavy object while the glue sets.
5. Create a template for the liner by opening the flap of an envelope and tracing its entire perimeter onto a piece of scrap paper.
6. Subtract â…›" from all sides, and cut out the template.
7. Place the template over your wallpaper and cut around it.
8. Apply rubber cement on both the inside of the envelope and the back side of the wallpaper. Then carefully slide the paper into place.
9. Set the envelope under something heavy while the glue sets.
Find more great craft ideas here.
Page 1 of 1
Excerpted from Wallpaper Projects, copyright 2009 by Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith. Used by permission of Raincoast Books. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this excerpt may be reproduced except with permission in writing from the publisher.