Hi there, With Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought it might be worth sharing a few crafty gift ideas for Mother's Day. If that phrase brings crooked clay ashtrays and ragged paper hearts to mind, never fear: these projects definitely do not fall in the "only a mother could love" category! The first three could go together in an afternoon (or a couple hours tonight and tomorrow); and if you don't have that much time, there are some great ideas for crafty things to buy, too.
- Reusable grocery bags are a great idea, but sometimes they're a little...well, ugly. Not this one! Buy the pattern (just $6) and then use up your fabric scraps to your heart's content. Jane Market Bag from Posie Gets Cosy.
- The weather's warming up, but a lap quilt is never a bad idea for those late spring nights on the porch swing. I like the Go-To Quilt from Katy Did.
- I strive to give gifts that are both beautiful and useful. This personalized wallpaper stationary from Design Sponge is both.
- Need some ideas for Mother's Day crafts to make with kids? The Crafty Crow has your back with a plethora of kid-friendly ideas.
- Rather go to the store? Try one of these Mother's Day gift ideas from fabulous craft resource The Purl Bee.
- Of course, who can you rely on for great ideas if not Canadian Living? Check out some of these great Mother's Day gift ideas.
- And don't forget the power of a nice meal – a easy, delicious chocolate soufflé almost always does the trick. Our Mother's Day menu is a surefire hit.
- Oh! And speaking of moms, you should check out editor Kathryn Dorrell's new Mom Blog. It's good stuff.