Hi friends, I just had a peek at the forecast, and it looks like most of the country is under clouds this morning. (I knew I shouldn't have done my "Hooray, it's summer!" dance just yet. Rats.) Cloudy weather makes me feel a bit blah, so I thought I'd round up a few interesting links for you, in case you're like me and need some distracting from those grey skies.
- Transform your favourite image into a patchwork pattern with this tool from Britain's Victoria & Albert Museum (they have a quilt exhibition on right now, it looks amazing).
- Alicia Paulson (Posie Gets Cosy) has a new book coming out. Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for Modern Living, will be released August 10. I can't wait to have a look.
- Speaking of quilts and books, I enjoyed this review of Jane Brocket's latest, The Gentle Art of Quiltmaking, over at Wise Craft. I probably wouldn't have sought this book out if I hadn't read the review, but now I intend to head to the book store and take a look.
- If you're wondering how the heck you're going to keep your kids occupied this summer, this guide to 20 essential art/craft supplies for kids (from My Submarine to the Future) might be a boon. Construction paper, scissors, glitter, markers and glue: it doesn't get much better than that!
- Have you seen these patchwork-y surfer chic altered flip-flops? I want to make a pair – and after buying two new pairs of shoes in two weeks (formal events, hmph!) a $5 pair of flip-flops just about fits my budget...