You will need:
• 1 big cardboard box
• 1 big sheet of tracing paper, almost as big as the box's bottom
• Black construction paper
• Glue stick
• Craft knife
• Wood skewers
1. Remove the cardboard flaps from the top of the box and remove the 2 smaller flaps from the bottom of the box. Tape the 2 remaining flaps together at both ends, then cut a rectangle out of it to create a "window."
2. Tape the tracing paper over the "window" on the inside of the box.
3. Download the scary shapes , print then photocopy the shapes at 150 percent. Glue the photocopied pages smoothly to the black construction paper. You can also draw other characters on the construction paper if you like. As you draw the characters, think of some gory, bone-chilling stories for them to star in.
4. Ask an adult to cut out the shapes with the craft knife. Tape a skewer to the back of each of shape.
5. Set the box on a table and put the lamp behind it (take off the lamp's shade if it has one). Invite all your friends to sit in front of the theater. Turn off the lights and light the lamp. Let the show begin!
Get planning for Halloween with our complete guide to ultimate Halloween fun.
Need a last minute costume? Try out this super-cute, new-sew ladybug.
Page 1 of 1
Excerpted from The Halloween Activity Book: Creepy, Crawly, Hairy, Scary Things to Do by Mymi Doinet (Chronicle Books, 2002).