- Piece of silk or silk shot taffeta, 64 x 20 cm (25-1/4 x 7-7/8 inches)
- .90 m gold wire-edged ribbon, 26 mm wide
- .70 m gold twisted rayon cord, 10 mm in diameter
- 2 large heart-shaped charms or beads
- Matching thread
- 250 to 375 mL (1 to 1-1/2 cups) of potpourri
- Fold silk in half so right sides are together and short (top) edges are even; pin together down each side edge, then machine-stitch each using 1 cm (3/8-inches) seam allowance. Turn right side out and press seams flat. Press under 1 cm twice around top edge; stitch. Hand-stitch charm at each bottom corner. Fill bag with potpourri; tie shut with ribbon and cord.