Hi there, Have I ever mentioned how much I love bunting, garland, and generally anything cute that involves paper and string? In general, I find they're easy, fast (especially if you team up your craft punch and your sewing machine) and cost effective. Here are a few ideas to help you gussy up for Valentine's Day.
- Some pretty paper, a pair of scissors, some fishing line and tape were all it took for Marta to conjure up a window full of hanging hearts.
- Courtney spiced up her windows with a heart-stamped mitten garland. Yay for potato printing!
- Hillary made some colourful crayon+waxed paper hearts (classic!) with her kids. Making these with my mum is one of my earliest crafting memories.
- Look at this "Heart Strings Pillow" by Allisa – same idea, slightly different execution. So wonderful.
- And just in case you missed it, the "Be Mine" bunting from our February issue (shown above). It's currently hanging in my cubicle under a picture of George Clooney. (What, a girl can dream, can't she?)