Photography by: One2 Photography Credits: Photography by: One2 Photography
Take a look at a larger image of the finished craft.
• Sheer ribbon 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12.7 cm) wide, long enough to go around your leg twice.
• Satin ribbon 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide, long enough to go around your leg twice plus extra for a bow.
• Small piece of 1/8 inch (3 mm) ribbon
• Elastic, 1/2 inch wide (1.3 cm), long enough to go around your leg once plus 1 inch (2.5 cm)
• Small safety pin
• Needle and thread
• Something old (Cameo from grandma or charm from your mom)
1. Fold the sheer ribbon in half and stitch a 1/4-inch (6 mm) seam across the ends; trim to 1/8-inch (3 mm). Then fold the ribbon in the opposite direction and stitch 1/4-inch (6 mm) from the first seam incasing the raw edges. Gently press to one side.
2. Fold under 3/8-inch (1 cm) on one end of the satin ribbon. Beginning at the garter seam, pin the satin ribbon to the sheer ribbon, 1 inch (2.5 cm) below the upper edge; fold under the opposite end and match the folded ends. Stitch along the upper and lower edges of the satin ribbon.
3. Attach a small safety pin to one end of the elastic and attach a larger safety pin to the other end of the elastic. The small safety pin end will be inserted and threaded through the tunnel in between the ribbons. The large safety pin will keep the elastic from going through the other end.
4. Wrap the garter around your leg and adjust the elastic so it is snug. Pin the elastic pieces together at the point. Trim the elastic to the determined length; overlap the ends and stitch them together. Stretch the garter to feed all the elastic into the tunnel and distribute the fullness evenly.
5. Make a loop with the remaining satin ribbon and the 1/8-inch (3 mm) ribbon, then layer and hand stitch them together. Stitch them to the satin ribbon at the front of the garter, being careful not to catch the elastic inside. Hand-stitch "something old" to the center loops.
Provided by TheRingBearer.ca – your trendy wedding guide
Page 1 of 1
Plan the most beautiful wedding you can imagine with expert tips and helpful advice from our special wedding planning guide .