Hi friends, Alright, I give up. It's just too hot to make or do anything. Until the heat wave breaks, it's me, a box of popsicles, and the internet. In case you're in the same boat, I thought I'd share some of the things that have caught my eye lately.
- This coffee can lantern tutorial over at Design*Sponge is pretty neat. It's by Karen (of Maggie Makes) and dudes, once you've clicked over to look at the photo, I think you'll know why I just want to go and sit in that Muskoka chair right now, until further notice.
- I like the look of these Boxsal picnic "baskets" (also via Design*Sponge). Imagine packing one with some tasty treats and showing up to surprise your sweetie at lunchtime. Nice!
- Looking for a way to collect the inspiration you find on the internet? Pinterest might be the thing. I was re-introduced to this virtual inspiration board this morning by one of my favourite non-craft bloggers, Brian Ferry (the blue hour). You can search Pinterest by topic or by person. When you're finished there, check out Brian's photos of his day at Wimbledon. Make sure you've got a drink in hand – you're going to be awhile.
- It's a bit warm to be thinking about working on some of the patterns available at Magpie Patterns, but it's not too hot to read the Crafty Bird blog and enjoy some of the stories behind the shop. (And don't you love this knitted elephant?)
- Have you seen the Lark Crafts Blog? There's something for everyone at this multi-author blog from Asheville, NC–based craft-book publisher Lark Crafts. Jewelry making? Check. Container gardening? Check. Crazy inspired birthday parties? Check. Go on...check it out.
- The habit blog is one of my daily reads, and this month, they've invited their readers to participate by adding our own photos of moments in our days to the habit Flickr group. I'm really enjoying playing along – are you?