Hi friends, Well. I think I committed the Internet-equivalent of putting away the snow shovels away too early on Monday, when I declared that spring was on its way. I don't know what it's like where you are today, but I have a feeling that the blame for this: ...rests squarely on my over-optimistic shoulders. Sigh. But last night, as the wind buffeted the windows and I sat curled up on the couch, knitting the purple monster, it occurred to me that this weather is the perfect excuse to start (or finish) making an afghan. I think that every home should have one. This morning over breakfast I went looking for some afghan ideas, and here's some of what I found.
- Brooklyn Tweed's lacy baby blanket. It seems much more do-able when you think of it as a giant swatch rather than a big ol' blanket.
- This colourful crocheted hex blanket from Novamade is awesome. (Click through and scroll down to download the free pattern.)
- A lacy, knitted ripple blanket from Pickles.
- The bright-and-cheery Babette Blanket from Interweave is a modern classic, I think.
- Alicia's Sunshine Day crocheted afghan is also baby-sized, but what I love about these is that it would be super-easy to increase the finished size