Looking to give your beauty and style a wee bit of a refresh, but don't know where to start? We want YOU to apply to Canadian Living's winter makeover series.
We're gearing up to shoot a winter series of makeovers in Toronto, which will appear in the magazine over a handful of issues—likely February, March and April—and are looking for four candidates (two women and a couple) to get a transformative makeover.
This makeover includes a wardrobe from Bayview Village (you'll get to keep the outfit you wear for the photo shoot), makeup, skin treatment, hair cut and colour, manicure—the whole deal. It will culminate in a photo shoot that will appear in the pages of our magazine. We're looking for two women and one couple ages 28 to 60.
The process will happen over a few days, firstly the morning of October 21 (clothing at Bayview Village), October 24th (hair cut and colour at a downtown salon) and the shoot day (makeup, hair styling and manicure) on October 26th. *We'll try and pepper in the skin treatments on the 21st and 24th. Otherwise, maybe a few on the 25th—TBD.
If you're keen, we'll need a few things:
• A current snapshot of your face (hair down, wearing your usual makeup)
• Reasons why you feel you need a makeover. What about yourself would you like to refresh?
• A current full-body snapshot that shows off your style (whatever that may be)
• A willingness to participate for about 2 days in total: half day for the salon (salon has not been determined, however it will be downtown Toronto), 1-2 hours for a skin treatment, one hour of wardrobe consultation and 3-4 hours for the photo shoot.
• And most of all, please only apply if you are interested in a big change—you need to be OK with handing over creative control to our very capable hands. We're going to be working with some of the best beauty and fashion talent in Canada. We're not going to give you a pixie cut and dye your hair platinum blonde, promise. We're going to enhance your natural beauty and ever so slightly push you out of your comfort zone.
Applicants can email our Fashion & Beauty director at email@example.com. We're hoping to narrow down our three lucky ladies (and hopefully one guy!) within the next two to three weeks.