Whether I'm travelling long or short distances, there's one accessory that I simply can't leave home without. No, it's not Gravol or hand sanitizer (though I do require both), it's a simple piece of cloth that saves my sanity. Have you guessed what it is yet? Why is a scarf the best travel accessory?
- On a long flight, you can put a scarf over your head and it helps block out noise, unfortunate scents and bright lights.
- A scarf doubles as a pillow (or a pillow cover) so you can rest at ease on a plane, train or ferry.
- A scarf can also work as a blanket to keep you warm when they crank up air conditioning on a flight. This is also perfect for hot and cold climates because generally you can encounter hot/cold extremes going in and outdoors.
- A scarf is perfect for covering up when you're entering temples, churches or mosques.
- Many hot locales can get chilly at night, so a fashionable scarf is the perfect layering accessory.
- If you're not staying at a fancy resort that provides towels for the beach or you're backpacking, a scarf does double-duty as a beach blanket and a towel.