Can you be happy for 100 days in a row? That's the question one 27-year-old named Dmitry Golubnichy is posing to the world. Based out of Switzerland, Golubnichy came up with the #100HappyDays challenge, asking people around the world to participate in a project where they focus on at least one thing that makes them happy every day, for 100 days. They're then asked to take a photo of said happy moment and share it over social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), using the above mentioned hashtag. It might sound easy, but according to the project's website, 71 percent of people who tried the challenge, failed, citing lack of time as the main reason for failure. And I guess this fact got me thinking: Can I be happy for 100 days straight? It seems quite possible because I'm generally a pretty optimistic person. However, as with anyone, I have days when I simply want to yell at the world and crawl back under my duvet. Perhaps those are the days when I need to focus on happy the most. The website states that people who successfully completed the challenge claimed to:
- Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
- Be in a better mood every day;
- Start receiving more compliments from other people;
- Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
- Become more optimistic;
- Fall in love during the challenge.Check. Check. Check. And check. I could totally benefit from ALL of those things! With spring in the air, warmer temperatures, sunshine and so many reasons to look on the brighter side of life, this project seems perfectly timed.
So... I'm biting the bullet and doing it. And to prove I'm serious and not a quitter, I'm going to make myself accountable. Every Friday, I'll come back to the Canadian Living Life blog and discuss my happy moments from the week, and I'll even share some photos. You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram to be part of my journey, as well.Finally, I'm asking that you, dear reader, join me in this challenge. What have you got to lose? You can register as a participant on 100happydays.com. Come on, get happy!