1. Don't leave your shopping to the last minute! If you are purchasing a gift online, place your order well in advance in case of any shipping delays or inventory issues.
2. Do think outside of the box. The perfect Mother's Day gift is often one that will allow you to spend quality time with your mom. Booking a cooking class, a weekend getaway or a night out to the theatre are ideal bonding experiences.
3. Don't over-think it. Even if you don't have the perfect gift, remember what's most important: spending time with your mother and letting her know how special she is.
4. Do coordinate with your siblings. Make sure you don't have the same gift idea as a sibling. Better yet, pool your resources together as a family to get one larger item or complementary gifts around a same idea.
5. Do spend extra time to wrap your gift beautifully. Whether big or small, a beautifully wrapped gift is the way to show you've spent extra time to make the day feel special.
6. Do take the time to write her a note. Often more important than material gifts, a handwritten card is meaningful, lasts forever and will show Mom just how special she is to you.
For ten fabulous budget-friendly gift ideas, take a look at our Mother's Day gift guide.
Jennifer Bartoli is a Canadian Living food specialist and a contributor to canadianliving.com.
Page 1 of 1