©iStockphoto.com/omgimages Image by: ©iStockphoto.com/omgimages
Shopping for your partner doesn't have to be hard, though. With so many options, you can definitely find the greatest holiday gift for your partner. We promise.
Contrary to popular belief, it is OK to gift your partner with an item you can both use or will both enjoy – the key word being "both." Don't use your gift exchange with your partner as an excuse to get something you want or something that's primarily for you. You can, however, wrap up something nice that just may end up being used by both of you or something you'll use together at the same time.
If you're overwhelmed by the shopping season or short on time, you can even find the perfect gift for your partner without entering an overcrowded mall. Here's how to do it.
• Purchase clothes online. Take a peek in your partner's closet to find out his or her favourite brands and stores, as well as the appropriate size, and order new pieces accordingly.
• Buy a new game you can play over the holidays. Toys "R" Us and amazon.ca both have good game selections online and ship quickly, but we also like J and J Superstore, a Waterloo, Ontario, store that offers online shopping and stocks over 1,700 different games.
• Shop on Etsy. This is where you'll find unique, one-of-a-kind items from around the world (and you can filter to see only local items, too). You may have to dig, but there's no shortage of options. Just be sure to order early because all sellers have different shipping policies.
• Similarly, check out local craft shows and markets set up in your neighbourhood for the holidays. You can give your partner a gift and a story about the local creator at the same time and feel good about supporting small local businesses.
• Try your luck on an auction website like eBay or on a local classifieds site like kijiji.ca. You might be surprised at the brand-new items you can find at a discount on both!
Most importantly, don't stress too much about the gifts. Find something you think your partner will enjoy and then wrap it – and your time spent shopping – up. Then you'll have more time for each other!
We've already done your shopping for you, check out our gift guide for your partner.