Maple Oatmeal Hazelnut Shortbread
This recipe makes 36 servings
|Per cookie: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 36 cookies
- 3/4 cup 3/4cuphazelnuthazelnuts
- 1 cup 1cupbutter, softened
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked Splenda® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tbsp 2tbspmaple syrup
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspmaple extract
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsquick-cooking rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
In food processor, finely grind hazelnuts; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until light; beat in maple syrup and maple extract. Stir in oats and flour. Roll 1 tbsp (15 mL) of mixture into balls; roll in nuts to coat. Flatten slightly; place, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until puffed and set. Let cool for 1 minute. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
Additional information :
Developed by the Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Source : SPLENDA®