Get cooking kids! But first . . .
• Always make sure an adult is close by when you are cooking.
• Before you cook, you need to get ready. Read the recipe before you do anything.
• Get out all the ingredients and cooking equipment that you will need.
• Prepare and measure the ingredients. This way you won't forget to add anything.
* Clean up as you go. The kitchen will be neat and there won't be a big mess when you are finished cooking.
Breakfast time - here we come! Breakfast recipes designed for kids:
Chocolate Chip Waffles recipe >>
Waffle irons are quite affordable and easy to use - perfect for any household with kids. Serve with maple syrup and bananas in winter or fresh berries in summer.
Carrot Oatmeal Muffins recipe >>
Muffins are great for breakfast on the go or as a late-morning snack. This one has lots of variations - both inside and on top - for different tastes.
Open-Faced Ham and Cheese Omelette recipe >>
Omelettes are an easy breakfast for kids to make, but you will need a nonstick pan so it slides out easily onto the plate.
These frosty fruity beverages make a great start to the day or a delicious mid-morning snack. Using frozen fruit makes them extra smooth and creamy.
Fruity Yogurt Smoothies recipe >>
Pineapple Berry Smoothies recipe >>
Strawberry Mango Smoothies recipe >>